The Main Considerations For a Registered Office Address & Sleek’s Mailroom Service
6 minute read
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
When you are setting up your business in Hong Kong, there are several mandatory requirements that have to be followed in order to keep your company compliant.
It is mandated under the Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong for very company to have a local registered office address at the point of incorporation.
- Criteria For A Registered Office Address
- Using Your Home Address
- Sleek’s Hong Kong Mailroom Service
- Corporate Service Provider
- Sign Up
Criteria For A Registered Office Address
A registered office address has to fulfil the following criteria:
- It has to be a place where all communications and notices may be addressed
- It has to be a physical office address in Hong Kong
- It cannot be a P.O. box address
Take note: You will be receiving mail from government entities – reminders on annual requirements, new initiatives, and also mail from banks. You should check your mail on a daily basis to not miss out on important information.
Using Your Home Address As A Registered Office Address
If you are living in Hong Kong, you can use your home address as the registered office address. Do take note that to use your home address as the registered address, there are certain criteria that have to be met with and if those conditions are breached, your permit can be revoked.
If the residential address is rented, it is important to take note if the terms in the tenancy agreement allow its usage as a registered office address. The residential address must also be able to receive all communications and notices during business hours. Therefore, the company registry strongly recommend a company to use a commercial address as its registered address.
By using your home address, you also do not have privacy as the address will be public information as the registered office address of a business can be easily found. Considering all of these points, many entrepreneurs prefer having another registered office address even if they continue to run their business from home.
Sleek’s Hong Kong Mailroom Service
Mailroom Service is where the client’s business letters are processed. The service includes the reception of all your mail, scanning it, digitising it and uploading it to your Sleek Digital Mailroom. In Sleek, there are restrictions and terms that our mailroom abides by to ensure a smooth & protected process of the service .
Sleek’s mailroom service:
- Only letters from companies’ correspondence are processed. Parcels and larger delivery items are rejected
- Letter received must be scanned within 7 days of receiving
- It can only be scanned after receiving the Client’s approval
- The letters are only kept for 3 months unless otherwise stated
- For letters that contain sensitive content will remain unsealed and can be forwarded or couriered. The mailing fee will be at the cost of the client
Sign Up For The Registered Office Address Services Offered By Your Corporate Service Provider
Whether you are based in Hong Kong or not, getting the registered office address service via your corporate service provider is always the best and mostly chosen option. Find out why:
- Having an office address located at the prestigious central business district will help in attracting potential investors and customers, especially if the business activity is related to the corporate industry. This address can also be printed on business cards, letterheads and corporate collaterals.
- Renting an office can be expensive! If you are from overseas, most of them would rather use their Company Secretary provider’s office address as their registered office address. By doing this, they can ensure that all their mails are handled and checked properly, which is a good business practice.
- Go paperless! When you sign up with Sleek’s registered office address service, we can assist with the handling of mails that are received from the Singapore Government Authorities, banks and other government entities and assist with the scanning of the mails to your platform directly.
At Sleek we offer the use of a local registered address service for 2,500 HKD/year. You can then easily log in to access the records of your mail from anywhere and at any time.
Are you ready to get started? Contact us today.