User Interface Designer
Who are we? Meet Sleek.
We are an all-in-one digital platform helping entrepreneurs and investors to register their companies in Singapore, Hong Kong & Australia, and assist them with the management of their accounting, audit and taxes, in a 100% digital manner. We build cutting edge technology to automate manual work, and provide a delightful experience to our 5,000+ clients. Naturally, we are continuously looking for great people to join our dynamic team!
We are a team of 200 builders from 17 countries, with offices in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney & the Philippines, committed to delivering a great experience to our clients.
At Sleek, you will find a fast-paced environment focused on building great solutions, and endless opportunities for learning and knowledge sharing, whether it’s around a coffee with your colleagues at the office, or via video calls with your peers based overseas! If you believe in tech for good, and want to make a change to the way things are done traditionally, this is the place for you.
We are looking for our next User Interface Designer, to help us grow!
To do what?
As User Interface (UI) Designer at Sleek, you will join a small but growing team of scrappy Software / Product people that work in a cross-functional, collaborative and blame-free environment.
Your exceptional Visual design skills will spearhead the orchestration of visual elements in a systemic composition. Your disciplines combine design for interaction (UI/UX, design systems and product development) and design for communication (brand, and visual storytelling). As the Visual designer you will balance spirit and rationality; brand and product; functional clarity and emotional impact.
We believe good design is as much about empathy, behaviour, and emotion as it is about utility and ease. We’re guided by a highly iterative user- and conversion-centric design process that combines research, data, and thorough critique. We are never satisfied with the status quo.
In this multidisciplinary role your experience will require you to solve complex visual and interaction design challenges. You should have comprehensive knowledge of the design cycle from research, requirements gathering, to design iteration, validation, and QA. In the role, you will own the UI design aspect of a product’s development process. You will review, analyse and deliver UI feedback with alternative designs to other Sleek designers. In addition, you will be responsible for tracking, managing and resolving any UI related issues raised during the lifecycle of the product.
You have to be good at articulating your ideas, lead brainstorming sessions as well as research and drive for results. You are expected to have excellent written and verbal communication to effectively communicate across multiple divisions and teams.
- Carry design projects from start to finish, owning the feedback loop of discovery, ideation, evaluation, and team reviews
- Review and analyze UX in early phases of development and deliver UI feedback with design alternatives
- Communicate and cooperate with counterparts from teams such as product, data, engineering, and marketing
- Conduct usability studies and document results and analysis of the studies
- Work to execute both long and short-term goals, always looking for ways to improve systems and process
- Work with the product team to deliver wireframes, prototypes, specs, and assets
- Contribute to our flexible design system
- Develop the visual interface specifications
- Demonstrate ideas with data, empathy, and an awareness of opportunity costs
- Discover new tools to assist in mockups and prototyping keeping our team up to date with the newest technology
- Work within a cross-team squad pushing the brand aesthetic forward through expert use of color, typography, illustrations, iconography and UI best practices
- Partner with engineering teams to ensure that final product is executed per design
Who are you?
- 5+ years of industry experience in visual and interaction design. Design of mobile applications on iOS and/or Android is a big plus.
- A strong portfolio of user interface, wireframes/workflows of interaction design and complex platforms turned into engaging user interfaces.
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams reporting into multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced understanding of user interface design, user experience design, interaction design, UX design process, user research, and usability standards.
- Effective communication skills and comfortable working under tight deadlines, across teams, with quickly shifting priorities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and candid, respectful debates.
- Up to date with necessary design tools including but not limited to Figma, InVision, Adobe Suite, and Google suite.
- Experience bringing designs to life with functioning prototypes.
How about the company & work environment?
- Our values are: Simplicity, Loyalty, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Kindness
- We take corporate social responsibility very seriously at company level and absorb the yearly carbon footprint of all of our employees
- Multicultural team with 15+ nationalities and as many languages spoken internally!
- Hybrid Work Arrangement
- A pool of SGD 1,200/year of Health & Benefits
- We celebrate you: Sleek is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or identity.
Join the Sleek family today!
Email your resume to [email protected] with the reference USER INTERFACE DESIGNER