Technical Product Manager, Fintech
Sleek is on a mission to revolutionize how entrepreneurs operate their business. We want to give small business owners peace of mind and the power of online solutions to allow them to focus on what they do best – growing their business. As we work for our thousands of customers, we gather millions of data points about their business, and in turn we transform those into useful, actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate their growth through smart algorithms.
We are a team of 200 builders from 17 countries, with offices in Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and the UK committed to delivering a delightful experience to our clients!
We are looking for an amazingly well-rounded Technical Product Manager, Fintech to help build an incredibly beautiful, simple and robust Sleek Business Account product!
You have worked in the banking or fintech space before, and wished things would move faster. You never compromise on quality. You seek to understand every detail so the end product delights customers, and the engineering team can build at pace. You are agile, able to adapt quickly, good-hearted and ambitious. You have a passion for entrepreneurs and start-ups. You are a JIRA ninja (or as close as anyone can really be..).
- Translate Product requirements into detailed technical specifications for Sleek Business Account, a full online banking experience provided to Sleek customers, including transfers, virtual cards, FX and cross-border transactions, with main KPI monthly active users of this newly launched product.
- Managing sprints for delivery of existing and new products, for both customer & back-end products.
- Maintain a prioritized backlog with clear and concise user stories.
- Think creatively and rigorously about how to solve problems and how we can add value in the banking and payment operations of SMEs, by offering solutions others don’t.
- Prioritize roadmap based on customer and business impact.
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications, and be clear of the definition of done.
- Work closely with the software development squad to ensure great quality and pace in delivery, and help manage scope to ensure progress.
- Technical understanding of the systems and technologies behind the product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions; equally comfortable with building a business PRD and understanding high-level technical architectures.
- Answerable about the product and its capabilities.
- Ensure that the requirements are clearly understood by all the teams and that the implementation roadmap matches the requirements.
- Work closely with all internal teams like development, engineering, architecture, Q&A, and operations.
- At least 2 years working as System Analyst or Technical Product Manager.
- At least 4 years of experience, engineering background a plus.
- Financial Services industry experience, ideally in retail banking or operations (account operations, remittance, compliance etc).
- Agile methodologies expert (Scrum Master certification a plus).
- Willing to take action and ambitious with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and solutioning using new methodologies and/or technologies.
- Able to be very detailed while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges.
- Fast learner and have interests to learn new technology stacks / frameworks as needed.
More about Sleek
At Sleek, we work in a fast-paced start-up environment. We have a strong culture built around our five core values: Simplicity, Loyalty, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Kindness. As a deliberately multicultural team, our team comprises more than 15 nationalities and spoken languages.
We consider the company’s success to be a result of committed individual and team efforts, and are looking to onboard talented and creative people who want to make a difference. Our corporate social responsibility is a passion we take very seriously as an opportunity to make the world a better place. With a strong commitment to also make Sleek a great place to work, we offer a flexible working environment where we empower every team member to be the best they can be – regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or identity.
If you think you would be a good fit for our mission, we look forward to hearing from you!