Full Stack Software Engineer – Philippines
Sleek is on a mission to revolutionize how entrepreneurs operate their business. We want to give small business owners peace of mind and the power of online solutions to allow them to focus on what they do best – growing their business. As we work for our thousands of customers, we gather millions of data points about their business, and in turn we transform those into useful, actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate their growth through smart algorithms.
We are a team of 200 builders from 17 countries, with offices in Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and the UK committed to delivering a delightful experience to our clients!
We are looking for an amazingly well-rounded Full Stack Software Engineer to help quickly grow our business in ‘Country’!
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will report to the Head of Technology and your main duties will be:
- Onboard and understand the platform features
- Relate sleek platform modules to the main Sleek services
- Contribute in creating the features to support Sleek business growth and strategy
- Contribute in maintaining existing feature to enhance platform resilience and user
Software Engineering – back-end:
- Get familiar with the back-end of the platform, the design, the structure, the coding rules
- Get familiar with the development environment (GIT, IDE, Mongo Client, various libraries)
- Develop knowledge of the technical stack: NodeJS, MongoDB
- Contribute in the development of the backend modules or API of integrated libraries/frameworks
- Maintain the unit test coverage as per lead engineering guidelines
Software Engineering – front-end:
- Get familiar with the front-end of the platform, the design, the structure, the coding rules Get familiar with the development environment (GIT, IDE, React JS, Blue Print, VueJS)
- Develop knowledge of the technical stack : ReactJS, VueJS, Webpack, Blue Print, CSS, HTML
- Emphasis browser compatibility (IE10+, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, Safari) Emphasis modern and reactive UI, with a specific attention to UX, material designs
- As a Full Stack Software Engineer, the performance of your duties will be assessed based on:
- Proficiency with MongoDB and development with interfacing libraries
- Ability to read, understand, and update pieces of the software with guidance
- Ability to perform development and testing of features on the platform
- Ability to understand, and define all actions to be performed when assigned to a task
- Ability to work autonomously in an ambiguous fast-paced context
- Ability to manage well time and time when facing difficulties or under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to develop your knowledge as a Software Engineer according to the technical stack in place
- Ability to provide simple, efficient, quality and maintainable code base
More about Sleek
At Sleek, we work in a fast-paced start-up environment. We have a strong culture built around our five core values: Simplicity, Loyalty, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Kindness. As a deliberately multicultural team, our team comprises more than 15 nationalities and spoken languages.
We consider the company’s success to be a result of committed individual and team efforts, and are looking to onboard talented and creative people who want to make a difference. Our corporate social responsibility is a passion we take very seriously as an opportunity to make the world a better place. With a strong commitment to also make Sleek a great place to work, we offer a flexible working environment where we empower every team member to be the best they can be – regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or identity.
If you think you would be a good fit for our mission, we look forward to hearing from you!