Accountant Executive – Philippines
Sleek is on a mission to revolutionize how entrepreneurs operate their business. We want to give small business owners peace of mind and the power of online solutions to allow them to focus on what they do best – growing their business. As we work for our thousands of customers, we gather millions of data points about their business, and in turn we transform those into useful, actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate their growth through smart algorithms.
We are a team of 200 builders from 17 countries, with offices in Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia and the UK committed to delivering a delightful experience to our clients!We are looking for an amazingly well-rounded Senior Accountant to help quickly grow our business in the Philippines!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting and Tax Department and reporting to the Accounting and Tax manager.
The responsibilities of the Senior Accountant is to record day-to-day financial transactions and complete posting processes, verify if transactions are recorded correctly in the ledger, perform partial check of posting processes, and perform bank reconciliation.
The Senior Accountant is also tasked to enter data, maintain records, launch reports, process accounts receivables and payables, and assist to prepare the management accounts.
- In charge of maintaining full sets of books for a portfolio of clients including preparing payments, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, raising journals and preparing financial reports in Xero accounting system.
- Preparing Unaudited Financial Statements, tax computations, GST quarterly submissions, monthly CPF submission and payroll support for clients.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Other ad-hoc accounting related duties.
- Work with internal stakeholders and third-party consultants on the specifications.
- Recognized degree/diploma in Accountancy.
- Preferably 4–5 years of relevant working experience. Fresh graduates with good aptitude will also be considered. Training will be provided.
- Good understanding of SFRS and regulatory compliance.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Experience with cloud accounting software, Xero will be a definite plus, preferably at least a year of experience in Xero.
- Experience with software like Dext and HubSpot
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, proactive and detail-oriented.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Immediate availability is preferred.
More about Sleek
At Sleek, we work in a fast-paced start-up environment. We have a strong culture built around our five core values: Simplicity, Loyalty, Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Kindness. As a deliberately multicultural team, our team comprises more than 18 nationalities and spoken languages.
We consider the company’s success to be a result of committed individual and team efforts, and are looking to onboard talented and creative people who want to make a difference. Our corporate social responsibility is a passion we take very seriously as an opportunity to make the world a better place. With a strong commitment to also make Sleek a great place to work, we offer a flexible working environment where we empower every team member to be the best they can be – regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age or identity.
If you think you would be a good fit for our mission, we look forward to hearing from you!